As patients, we know that the physician you choose is the most critical decision in restoring your hair is the physician you choose. Hair restoration physicians' skills, experience, and talent vary widely, as do the end results, vary widely.
You must research and choose your physician wisely. After all, who you choose will determine how natural and complete, your new hair will be for the rest of your life. The surgeons selected and approved by our community have been scouted and vetted publicly by one of the largest hair restoration communities, the Hair Restoration Network. Each surgeon has been approved based on their ethics, surgical techniques, results, and reviews. To support the costs of operating and promoting our community, the physician contributes a monthly fee to sponsor our community.
Their recommendation is continued as long as they continue to show evidence of excellent patient results and satisfaction. If a patient expresses concerns, physicians are expected to resolve their concerns. We ask that patients first contact a physician with any concerns to allow them to resolve them before publicly posting.
Note - The hair restoration physicians recommended on this site are not a definitive list of all excellent hair transplant doctors. Nor do we warrant or guarantee the results of any of the physicians presented on this site. As always, we encourage you to do your due diligence in evaluating these and all hair loss physicians.
We offer the following suggestions for researching a hair restoration physician:
- Does the physician take a holistic approach to hair restoration? Your physician should help you evaluate all your options, surgical and non-surgical.
- Have they invested time and resources to do large micro follicular unit hair transplantation sessions? Doing outstanding work requires a staff dedicated and trained to use high-powered magnification to produce more than 2,000 carefully trimmed grafts per surgical session.
- Choose a hair restoration clinic that is patient-focused rather than commercially focused. Some clinics emphasize revenue, speed, and volume rather than dedicating the time and individual care needed to produce optimal results. These commercial operations typically rely on heavy advertising rather than satisfied patient or doctor referrals.
- Is hair restoration the primary focus of their practice? Outstanding results require a physician and staff performing hair restoration surgery regularly. Doing hair restoration as a sideline and other cosmetic procedures may hinder their ability to do large sessions of highly refined follicular unit transplantation.
- How many patients have this physician produced excellent results for? Like any skill, experience over time is critical to acquiring the skill and judgment required to produce excellent results.
- Can the physician provide at least a dozen sets of the detailed patient before and after photographs? Do they also have patients who are willing to speak with you and meet with you in person?
- What is the physician's reputation on hair loss-related discussion forums? Many patients participate in our popular discussion forum and post their experiences and photos.
What do their hair transplant patients think?
Ultimately, the most critical measure of a hair transplant surgeon's work is their patient's level of satisfaction. Find out what patients think of their physician's work by visiting our discussion forum or viewing hair loss blogs created by patients. View our standards for recommending hair transplant surgeons.
Find an excellent hair restoration physician in your area.
Send a Virtual Consult
This online feature enables you to fill out a hair loss questionnaire and email it to any of the quality hair loss doctors recommended on this site. You can even attach your photos. They will then respond to your questions and concerns.
Click here, to send a Virtual Consult.
Suggest a physician for recommendation on this site.
We are always interested in learning about outstanding hair restoration physicians. Click below to suggest an outstanding physician for recommendation on this site.
Click here if you are with a hair restoration clinic.
Click here if you are a hair transplant patient.