Hair Transplant Surgeon: Bijan Feriduni, MD
Hair transplant surgery on a burn patient using 2884 grafts
Hair Transplant Sessions: 1
This patient was recommended by the burns unit of the Rotterdam‘s hospital and visited our clinic for the first time in December 2008. He suffered from severe scarring (grade III) at the frontal and left part of the scalp and left eyebrow due to a burning incident with sunflower oil.
His health insurance refused to cover the costs of a reconstructive surgery so he became a ‘foundation’ patient.
Treatment plan of the four-step surgical procedure:
1. The first surgical procedure involves the insertion of a skin expander (Silimed skin expander, 600ml) as a preparation for a scalp reduction in the left fronto-temporal region.
2. A scalp reduction in the left fronto-temporal region to reduce the recipient area.
3. A Follicular Unit Strip Transplantation with 2000 FU to reconstruct the left fronto-temporal region and left eyebrow
4. An eyebrow reconstruction with 200 FU to add density to the left eyebrow (in 1-2 Follicular Unit Transplantations)
1. The insertion of a skin expander (September 1st, 2009)
2. The expander was already removed after 6 weeks due to a skin infection caused by the staphylococcus aureus bacteria.
A ‘minor’ scalp reduction was performed afterwards (December 12th, 2009)
Due to the infection we were compelled to change the treatment plan of the Follicular Unit Strip Transplantation into 2500-3000 FU instead of 2000 FU
3. A Follicular Unit Strip Transplantation was performed to redesign the left hair line, left temporal points and left temporal region (March 4th, 2010) with :
§ 1046 single hair follicular units
§ 1463 double hair follicular units
§ 375 triple hair follicular units
The patient has suffered both mentally and physically from his burning injuries. He is now at a stage that his hair looks good again and that we only need to add density to his left eyebrow.
He still needs to undergo several facial skin treatments at the burns unit of the Rotterdam’s hospital but he already feels a lot more confident now.
Dr. Bijan Feriduni
Discuss this patient on our Hair Restoration Forum
Other Hair Transplant Patients Operated on by Bijan Feriduni, MD : To view several other hair restoration patient results and their photos, you are encouraged to click on any of the links below. Alternatively, you can close this window by clicking outside this page.